POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Function (optimization?) bug : Re: Function (optimization?) bug Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:17:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Function (optimization?) bug
Date: 28 Dec 2001 07:28:21
Message: <avoo2uoro3l4o0teltn03o18gdqvqffvl3@4ax.com>
On 28 Dec 2001 07:21:08 -0500, Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
>  It's also nice because you can actually modify that output by hand and then
> read it as a function.

How ? You mean when I write function{"file.txt" x+y+z} it outputs to file but
for example when I write function{"file.txt"} then this handmade code is readed?

> This allows you doing things that the parser does not
> support for one reason or another (eg. recursive calls).

Exactly.

>  I don't believe it will be an official feature.

If here is little place for feature request then this is my vote. Also I think
it could be useful for future bug reports (after final 3.5) but I'm affraid it
is not secure feature if it has read as option.

ABX