POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Layers and Exporting : Re: Layers and Exporting Server Time
1 Jul 2024 04:23:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Layers and Exporting
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 8 May 2002 03:08:58
Message: <ahjhdugkfv98rf71grj7ap3fu792k488t3@4ax.com>
Hi Thomas Lake, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> ... but also set whether all objects in that layer are
> exported or not, which would speed up Pov-Ray.
The reason why this was not implemented from the start, is the same
reason why only top-level objects can be excluded from the export:
this can cause Moray to export a POV file that cannot be parsed and
I'm not sure I want to have to deal with the support issues that
arise. For example if the layer you want to not export has a object in
it that is referenced, POV-Ray will not be able to resolve the
reference.
Also, this may create incorrect CSG objects... if some objects in a
CSG are exported and some not.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray