POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows : Re: Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows Server Time
2 Sep 2024 06:19:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post-process : highlights/midtone/shadows
From: Glen Berry
Date: 27 Apr 2000 14:50:56
Message: <aIsIOS6uYWB7gzso0Cu6BC+n+cpk@4ax.com>
On Thu, 27 Apr 2000 11:40:12 -0700, Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote:

>It would be nice but I don't know how practical it would be. The older
>8bit filters would probably be applicable but with the 16bit and later
>filters they came out with a bunch of GUI dependent slider controls
>that would be impossible to implement in a cross platform program like
>POV-Ray.

I would't be surprised if a lot of those slider controlled plugins
couldn't be adapted to run from parameters passed to them from a POV
scene file. Of course, you would lose the "preview" feature, and have
to know what values you wanted to send the plugin, but it might work.
Of course, I could easily be mistaken.   :)

Later,
Glen Berry

( Remove the "7" from 7no### [at] ezwvcom to email me. )