POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Map of the Universe : Re: Map of the Universe Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:49:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Map of the Universe
From: ABX
Date: 28 Jan 2004 03:40:43
Message: <a7te10hitb00clpi57liiajka6kbk1fckn@4ax.com>
On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 00:12:13 -0800, "AngleWyrm"
<no_### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> If you don't have the free XVID codec

If? I can trust to the POV-Team and install beta of it's product because I
know quality of POV-Ray, participate development myself and POV-Ray is not
vital for existence of my OS. But I hope it is understable that I do not trust
XVID which has unknown development, influences display capabilities of my OS
and exists in first RC form waiting for final release.

> then maybe you have the Cinepack Codec?

Yes, it works now. Thanks.

> Here it is, recompiled with a more common codec, but a bit larger.

Personally I do not mind downloading larger file if working with this file use
widely tested, commonly used, suported by outdated Media Player and NT4 codec.

Sorry, have no idea how to comment animation itself because you did not asked
anything ;-)

ABX