POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : function declaration and namespace : Re: function declaration and namespace Server Time
30 Jul 2024 10:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: function declaration and namespace
Date: 7 Jan 2002 09:35:13
Message: <a6cj3u06t5j5piqv2pgb1a4ge34bfd3qcj@4ax.com>
On Mon, 7 Jan 2002 14:23:57 -0000, "Gleb" <gk1### [at] sotonacuk> wrote:
> The difference is not only the order of lines, but in the last case "F" in
> known as function name

I know, I pointed order to underline what changed.

> in current block, so POV is correct, reporting an error..

not for me

F listed in declaration of macro is valid name _only_ in local namespace of this
macro so according to "redeclaration of functions is not allowed" it is formal
as long as it will not be declared as function.

> If we put " #local F=" inside e.g. a macro block, like below, it works OK

yes, I pointed it in this thread

ABX