POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : library finding request : Re: library finding request Server Time
6 Oct 2024 10:43:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: library finding request
From: ABX
Date: 16 Aug 2002 10:20:19
Message: <a32qlucofml37h494kqsl8qq4767fu0g9r@4ax.com>
On Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:06:45 +0200, Le Forgeron <jgr### [at] freefr> wrote:
> > BTW: there is also my another further patch plan similiar to this mpeg port.
> > The same feature with sys_anim type of image map where sys_anim means native
> > animation gate for platform. This could also open gate for avi, divx,
> > quicktime, real etc.
>
> Where is the portability ?

Where is the portability of sys image format ?

> Me think: first make the patch for Mpeg-1, and maybe Mpeg-2.

That was my intention :-)

> Then wait, or you might unburry some old propriatary format ?
> (Anyone got an FLC or an FLI player ?)

I don't think there is a sense to implement those ancient formats.

> And what is the sys format for windows ? BMP ? AVI ? AWF ? AVF ?

Every if internal library can send it to platform codec and has an answer it
is recognized and can return content of frame.

> Codec: every month has a new one...

Well, my intention is not to break portability but to make live of animators
easier.

ABX