POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Number_Of_Waves Bug in POV-Ray : Re: Number_Of_Waves Bug in POV-Ray Server Time
28 Jul 2024 18:21:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Number_Of_Waves Bug in POV-Ray
From: Alan Kong
Date: 11 Oct 1999 23:33:30
Message: <ZasCODQUTjAexxyHFZlltOksuBSB@4ax.com>
On 6 Oct 1999 05:32:55 -0400, Nieminen Juha <war### [at] punarastascstutfi>
wrote:

>  Another example is the maximum depth that was calculated (I don't remember
>the exact wording of the report). Set your max_trace_level to, for example, 7
>and trace a scene with glass. Povray will report the max depth as 7. No
>set the max_trace level to 5 and trace. Povray will still report max depth
>as being 7. If you restart povray and trace again, it will report correctly 5.

  Warp, pretty sure this was fixed in v3.1d. My v3.1g reports max trace
level correctly after each render.

>                       Changes as of version 3.1d
>
>  [..]
>
>  o Fixed MAX_TRACE_LEVEL global not being re-initialized.

p.s. - hope this article posts correctly because for some reason Agent was
having a problem with which group to reply to.

--
Alan