POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : X-server : Re: X-server Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:23:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: X-server
From: Peter Popov
Date: 12 Feb 2000 19:04:49
Message: <XvSlOMj4Escc91KshXWQeQfp2hVO@4ax.com>
On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 09:51:11 -0800, "Jon A. Cruz"
<jon### [at] geocitiescom> wrote:

>Peter Popov wrote:
>
>> Can anyone please explain to me how to set up a remote X server? I
>> have a X server on my Windows machine and I want to run some X apps
>> from my blind Linux box. Any idea what I should do? If anyone cares to
>> help, what information will you need? TIA.
>>

>Well, if your Windows machine is named "flakeybox", then you'd telnet to
>your remote box and do the following (assuming you're using the bash
>shell):
>
>export DISPLAY=flakeybox:0.0

I can't believe it was that easy! Thanks a lot Jon!
Now I have to see if this thing supports Mesa/OpenGL :)

BTW this should be mentioned in the bash manpage, right? If not, where
can I read more on the subject?

Peter Popov
pet### [at] tagpovrayorg
ICQ: 15002700