POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Guess what .... : Re: Guess what .... Server Time
25 Apr 2024 16:12:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Guess what ....
From: ingo
Date: 1 Jul 2022 08:31:03
Message: <XnsAEC793AD279E4seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.62bed773f6159f181f9dae3025979125@news.povray.org Bald Eagle
wrote:

Bill, I remember your postings.

> For image processing, I guess there's a little more to be done that
> just columns and rows.   Some kind of +/- grid or something to shift
> everything and "get the data centered".

Just having a working FFT isn't enough.

To make good use of it more is needed. For 2D, indeed, shifting the
quadrants to get the corners in the centre is one of them. It gives
'crisper' results in the image.

Proper automatic zero padding is another one.

Many of this "tooling" I have in snippets in other languages. Slowly
putting it all together, while preventing a melting brain.

ingo

--
https://ingoogni.nl