POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Collision chance : Re: Collision chance Server Time
26 Apr 2024 13:30:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Collision chance
From: ingo
Date: 24 Apr 2021 18:08:54
Message: <XnsAD171822FCA7seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.608490f6cab7490879819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org jr wrote:

> have long had a "dream" of a 2-pass scene file optimiser.

OK, confession time. Many many moons I wrote a python script to parse POV-
Ray scene files and do loop enrolling and a few other manipulations. The
result ran fast! Python (1.52) not so. Gain, negative :(
The python code I use to colorise the code in HTML is a spin-off of that.

Now, dreaming. Include files compileable to libraries. If I understand it
right if POV-Ray SDL were written in NIM macros it could be possible. Or
in LISP. Then again, I happy with the simple language POV-Ray offers.
There is not much in the way of writing anything and little complexity
from the language side.
Also I'm happy with the journey POV-Ray offers. No need for real time
instant gratification/satisfaction. No bucktlists. No expectations. No GPU
madness.

Ingo