POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc : Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc /= Server Time
26 Jun 2024 01:15:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Upgrading POV-Ray's include files #1: granites.inc --> granites21.inc /=
From: ingo
Date: 21 Apr 2021 09:12:27
Message: <XnsAD139AB1626B5seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.608012f064981f5c79819d986cde94f1@news.povray.org jr wrote:

> "fake granite

've been looking at this thread with half an eye only. I worked in the
graphics industry for quite a while and one of my jobs was pattern
designer & colorist. The one thing I learnt,

People want what they think looks like the real thing. Not what the real
thing actually looks like.

I have a colorised concrete floor in my house. The top layer has been
ground off into the "grain". "What a nice marble floor" ... it looks more
like a coarse granite ... it is closest to man made terazzo .... But still
"a nice marble floor" ;)

https://ingoogni.nl/stuff/IMG_2021_04_21_0277_s.jpg with a nice line of
light.

Ingo