POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : gadients.inc a bunch of functions : Re: gadients.inc a bunch of functions Server Time
25 Apr 2024 14:55:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: gadients.inc a bunch of functions
From: ingo
Date: 10 Jan 2019 18:26:12
Message: <XnsA9D447244993seed7@news.povray.org>
in news:web.5c3796f4cbe7b4b248892b50@news.povray.org jr wrote:

> improves on the test scene.

:) I'll come up with some examples how to use these. A big chunk of them
only provide 'refinement' of what already can be done with texturing.
Different interpolation between gay values etc.

In general, I think tutorials on fragment shaders for webglw (GLSL (OpenGL
Shading Language)) etc. will give clues how to use such funtions.

It would be nice if the functions VM language would evolve a bit in that
direction, without throwing away the goodies we have. If only it was for
readability of the code,

ingo