POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : Documentation Migration : Re: Documentation Migration Server Time
27 Apr 2024 03:27:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Documentation Migration
From: ingo
Date: 23 Jan 2009 12:46:30
Message: <Xns9B9CBEF5E2BCDseed7@news.povray.org>
in news:497347ae@news.povray.org Jim Holsenback wrote:

> Now that the povwiki is backonline I thought I'd let you folks in on
> what I've been up to ....

Jim,

I'm not around here much lately, so I may have missed a few things and
be late with my comment, but I still have an old idea from the time
when I did the docs.

 The basic idea was the same as you're doing now, make the docs
available in a wiki. My look at it was a bit different, as I'm lazy and
don't like all the conversions that have to be done. Then I came across
the MoinMoin Wiki engine http://moinmo.in/ that makes it possible to
use several different parsers for wiki markup. Being a terrible
programmer I never got anything that eats pov-doc as markup. Yet still,
would it be possible to do something like that for the MediaWiki
engine?

Another way could be to abandon the pov-doc format and choose ReST
http://docutils.sourceforge.net/rst.html , the MoinMoin engine can deal
with ReST http://moinmo.in/HelpOnParsers/ReStructuredText and the
python documentation is also written in ReST and then processed with
Sphinx http://sphinx.pocoo.org/ an example of the docs
http://docs.python.org/index.html

ingo