POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Compiling beta 25 on Solaris X64 : Re: Compiling beta 25 on Solaris X64 Server Time
28 Jul 2024 16:32:34 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling beta 25 on Solaris X64
From: Thomas van der Veen
Date: 3 Mar 2008 07:06:20
Message: <Xns9A567ADFB8BBveentukibmcom@203.29.75.35>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote in news:47cae415@news.povray.org:

> Thomas <tho### [at] gmxnet> wrote:
>> Once compiled it all worked multi-threaded on my dual CPU machine...
>> unfortunately not such luck on an 8-way (octacore/octocore???)
>> machine :( a bit more investigation needed.
>
>   What do you mean with that? It didn't compile? It didn't run? It
>   crashed?
>
>   If what you mean is "even though there are 8 cores POV-Ray is still
>   using
> only 2" then the answer is that you have to give "-wt8" as parameter
> to POV-Ray.

The machine in question doesn't have the Boost libraries installed and just
copying the multi-thread bit and pointing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to it didn't fix
the problem. The program terminated directly failing to locate the library.
So I think I can fix this by installing the library unfortunatly I can't do
that on the 8 way machines :(

Thomas