POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : isosurface does not render as expected : Re: isosurface does not render as expected Server Time
11 Aug 2024 07:18:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: isosurface does not render as expected
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 19 Apr 2004 11:01:03
Message: <Xns94D0AD0AADA79raf256com@203.29.75.35>
bud### [at] yahoocom news:web.4083e7168768e240a1fd027f0@news.povray.org

> I don't see a bounded_by statement in there.  Maybe if your the default
> bounding box is something like box { 1, -1 } then it would certainly cut
> off most of your 1.6 radius sphere.
>
> Try inserting this statement right beneath function{...}:
>
> bounded_by { box { 2, -2 } }
>

> That should make the bounding box plenty big enough for your sphere.  At
> least, if that IS the problem.

All is true, but just You mistaken bounded_by with contained_by.
The second option is needed, bounded_by will be calculated automaticly, but
You can specyfie it default (and/or another bounding-related segment -
clipped_by)
--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/