POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : 36.b3.win bright media bug : 36.b3.win bright media bug Server Time
29 Jul 2024 04:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  36.b3.win bright media bug
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 9 Apr 2004 12:35:43
Message: <Xns94C6BD1A1EE04raf256com@203.29.75.35>
Bug possible caused by bright emission media.

Bug noticed on:
  PovRay 35 Win32 - NO
  PovRay 35 Linux - NO
  PovRay 36 beta 2 Win32 - YES
  PovRay 36 beta 3 Win32 - YES

I noticed this bug while working on my IFJ logo scene, I didnt had time to
find minimalistic scene, but I turned off some options in my scene-file so
it has only importand objects and it doesnt need any textures nor font
files.

Scene file can be downloaded from:
  http://www.raf256.com/3d/povray/bug/04_0001/raf256_pov_bug_040001.tgz
  http://www.raf256.com/3d/povray/bug/04_0001/raf256_pov_bug_040001.zip
or from p.b.s-f

Bug:
Random bright yellow-white spors probably coused by media. Spots are in
same collor as media, and appear in reflective surface nearby.
Position of spots is totaly random - it is different each time You render
same scene file.

Examples of bug posted to p.b.i

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/