POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : My first posted animation... : Re: My first posted animation... Server Time
18 Jul 2024 18:36:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My first posted animation...
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 5 Mar 2004 23:40:08
Message: <Xns94A3F0C49E121tomatimporg@203.29.75.35>
"Carl Hoff" <hof### [at] wtnet> wrote in news:404893b7@news.povray.org:

>> Animation looks pretty good but I suggest posting mpegs so you
>> can show us longer smoother animations without needing a massive
>> file size.
>
> I just got Animation Shop 3 and I'm still learning the ropes.

Animation Shop 3 is nice for post processing frames, but for mpeg
encoding I find tmpegenc hard to beat.  I also use the plug-in
posted in the p.b.u newsgroup to allow it to work with PNG files
directly instead of BMP files.  It saves a lot of disk space.

http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main.html
http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.utilities/thread/%3C3a82f26c%40news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=184074&toff=100
--
Tom