POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : [SCC3] Underwater Plant - 2 attachments : Re: [SCC3] Underwater Plant - 2 attachments Server Time
11 Aug 2024 21:26:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [SCC3] Underwater Plant - 2 attachments
From: Rafal 'Raf256' Maj
Date: 27 Feb 2004 09:35:32
Message: <Xns949C9E865268Fraf256com@203.29.75.35>
tim.nikias (@) nolights.de news:403f53fd$1@news.povray.org

> From a
> structural point of view it looks like the plant would collapse and break
> apart once gravity gets a hold on it.

Oh yes. I'm aware ot this 'problem', but it's impossible to fix (only work
around would be to have straight-upwards plant something like in version 1,
without nice rotation to left).

To raly correct this I must change macro bulding method from recursion to
iterational, and then add code to translate next segment [family/root] to
tuche end of current segment. Or better - create it into memory array
first, correct/re-attach all segments, then output .pov.

This sould be done in external program best (i.e. short C program)... not a
chance that any version would fit into SCC3 ;) Even if I cheated a little
and did some work around for this specyfic fractal (translate root of each
family depending of it's recursion level) it would not fit in SCC3...

but  hey, we are *under water* so the gravity isnt such a big problem here
;)

--
http://www.raf256.com/3d/
Rafal Maj 'Raf256', home page - http://www.raf256.com/me/