POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Voronoi pattern - attached files (1/1) : Re: Voronoi pattern - attached files (1/1) Server Time
11 Aug 2024 23:23:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Voronoi pattern - attached files (1/1)
From: ingo
Date: 26 Dec 2003 12:22:59
Message: <Xns945DBB0061824seed7@netplex.aussie.org>
in news:cja### [at] netplexaussieorg Christopher
James Huff wrote:

> Here's a little patch I've been working on. It is very similar to the
> crackle pattern, but rather than using a 3D grid of points that is
> randomly jittered, it uses a user-specified set of points.

Looks very interesting.

Is the pattern infinite?

A thought, triggerd by your pattern: In the crackle pattern, would it be
possible to make the position of the centeroids controlable by some
function?
I'm thinking of something like, put all the centeroids in the centre and
than give them a random deviation from there with a certain (Gauss)
distribution.
Or, make the position of the centeroid in the box depend on another
pattern. Imagine a wood pattern, in the light parts of it the centeroids
are "more random" where as in the dark parts they are very close to the
centre of the box. That would give bands of more and less uniform
crackles.
Or, with the same wood pattern, in the lighter area's the centeroids are
closer to the sides of the box and in the darker area they ar closer to
the center.

Ingo