POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Pool ball pyramid (was None :-) (MPG, 576KB) : Re: Pool ball pyramid (was None :-) (MPG, 576KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 00:53:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pool ball pyramid (was None :-) (MPG, 576KB)
From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2003 14:28:25
Message: <Xns94189338C6D24Caelum@204.213.191.226>
"Fernando Gonzalez del Cueto" <fgd### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in

> Cool... I liked how you managed to simulate correctly the rotation of
> the balls.

Thanks.  The simulation calculates the angular velocities based on the
collision normals.  That wasn't too difficult.  However, incrementally
rotating the Povray spheres from these velocities was a big challenge, I
initially didn't expect it to be.  I spent most of my time figuring out how
to use quaternion math to manage this after wasting a lot of time trying to
do it with standard Povray.