POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Pool ball pyramid (was None :-) (MPG, 576KB) : Pool ball pyramid (was None :-) (MPG, 576KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 01:02:36 EDT (-0400)
  Pool ball pyramid (was None :-) (MPG, 576KB)
From: Alain
Date: 18 Oct 2003 13:13:53
Message: <Xns9418868692525Caelum@204.213.191.226>
55 pool balls neatly stacked in the shape of a pyramid.  The pool balls

them here for the fun of it.

Was messing around with ball pyramids earlier and it revealed another bug
in my code.  When lots of balls were stacked, the system was getting
jittery and the balls appeared nervous.  I'm pretty sure I've fixed that
now.  The pool balls are 57 mm in diameter and the gravity is good, but I
think the ball to ball friction coefficient is more than it should be in
this case.  But it keeps the pyramid alive for a tiny bit longer :-).

Hope I'm not boring people or wasting space on this server with my tests.
They amuse me, so I figure they may amuse others.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'ps4.mpg' (577 KB)