POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Isomountains (38kB + 65kB) - 2 attachments : Re: Isomountains (38kB + 65kB) - 2 attachments Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Isomountains (38kB + 65kB) - 2 attachments
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 16 Oct 2003 21:47:29
Message: <Xns9417268126EFBtorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde> wrote in news:pat261-
ahk### [at] tritonimagicode:

> Tor Olav Kristensen wrote:
>> Here's two isosurface landscapes that suddenly
>> appeared while playing around with my last scene.
>
> Nice, the two images seem to have the same base pattern.

Yes, you are right Christoph: The first image uses 2 patterns
that are also used in the second image. The second has an
additional pattern and uses some other mathematical operators.

> A little more detail in the geometry would be good of course.

I agree. I'll see if I can render some more detailed ones
next week.

> Point light and a shadowless fill light, right?

Yep - But I forgot to make the blueish light shadowless.

(The sphere casts a shadow below itself )=

Tor Olav