POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Decaying classic : Re: Decaying classic Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:28:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Decaying classic
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Oct 2003 18:56:28
Message: <Xns941697B0C51Btorolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in news:3f8dcb91@news.povray.org:

> This is probably too simple to be an IRTC entry, but I thought I'd
> share it. It's a re-working of the archetypal rendered scene, in line
> with the current IRTC topic. I left my chrome sphere outside too long
> and it corroded :)
>
> This uses the same trick as in my animation: an isosurface with a
> couple of pigment functions generating the rust. I might post the
> source at some point, though I'm still working on this idea so it
> might turn into something much better later on.
>
> Questions? Comments?
> Any suggestions on what I should do next with this scene?

Tek, the rust colors seems to be too monochromatic.
Maybe you could let the rust colors vary from shades of brown
towards red, yellow and magenta.

Apart from the colors, I'm having a hard time convincing
myself that that metal would rust like that. Try to make it
look more like a kind of steel.

Tor Olav