POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rotating Squares problem : Re: Rotating Squares problem Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:23:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rotating Squares problem
From: None
Date: 10 Oct 2003 08:44:44
Message: <Xns941058FAA5D0BNone@204.213.191.226>
Samuel Benge <sbe### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in news:3F8588D8.6080308
@hotmail.com:

> I'm unschooled in the field of traditional trigonomentry usage.... where
> did you get the number 4.725?

That was simply the angle Patrick was rotating by, I pluged in the angle he
was using in his code into a standard trig. equation:

tan(angle) = Opposite/Adjacent.

Trigonometry is the measurement of triangles.  A square can be broken down
into eight right angle triangles.  In the eighth of a square, the Opposite
(O) and Adjacent (A) are the same.  So if you change the angle while
keeping O or A the same, it will tell you how much the new A or O should
be.

Search the net for "trigonometry sin cos tan" for explanations of
trigonometry.