POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Stacked Bouncing Balls - Take 2 (MPG, 412 KB) : Balls in half pipe (MPG, 174 KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 02:18:04 EDT (-0400)
  Balls in half pipe (MPG, 174 KB)
From: None
Date: 21 Sep 2003 20:29:48
Message: <Xns93FDD07C0AD3DNone@204.213.191.226>
"Neonux" <neo### [at] softhomenet> wrote in

> Very nice!
>
> I wonder what these would be like in a hollowed out large sphere or a
> half pipe...?

I've finished implementing trace() in my code to allow the balls to
collide with anything.  It works very well, and the time penalty is
minimal, I was really surprised.  I've tried different types of objects,
simple and complex, including isosurface objects.  Now I just need an
interesting obstacle course for the balls to go through.

Thanks Neonux for the idea of the hollowed out sphere and half-pipe.  It
was one of the first objects I tried when I was implementing trace()
because one of the primary objectives for me was to test the rotational
(rolling) aspect of my logic with trace() and your idea was perfect to
test this.  Although the attached animation isn't that exciting it does
show my collision to trace() logic at work.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BBTrace.MPG' (175 KB)