POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) : Re: Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:15:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB)
From: None
Date: 19 Sep 2003 21:22:14
Message: <Xns93FBD9655F7DENone@204.213.191.226>
"Neonux" <neo### [at] softhomenet> wrote in news:3f6ba523
@news.povray.org:

> Actually when I watch the "drift" it seems to me that the floor and the
> spheres haven't much friction between them.  Is this a possibility?

I can see what you mean but no.  The physics, as it is, doesn't allow
frictionless contact or "sliding".  The problem was that with the way I was
drawing the balls, the more a ball rotated the more the ball's texture
rotation was off from the physics rotation.  The "drift" is actually that
the balls are moving a little in direction A but the texture rotation is
going in direction B, slightly off.  I think I have a solution for that
now.  I will post the results here.