POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) : Re: Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:24:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB)
From: None
Date: 19 Sep 2003 20:53:21
Message: <Xns93FBD47FAB451None@204.213.191.226>
None <Non### [at] onca> wrote in news:Xns### [at] 204213191226:

> "Rune" <run### [at] runevisioncom> wrote in
>
>> [...]
>> This should be no problem. How are the rotation vectors in your
>> psysics system stored? In what format?
>> [...]
>
> Yeah, I must have been tired because I wasn't getting it.  Haven't
> [...]

I've been thinking about this all day and I think I've found the
solution.  My problem all along, and the reason none of the things I
tried, including the matrix transforms is because the rotation vector
with which I make calculations is not located in the center of the balls,
it's on the surface of the balls!!  DOH!  I knew I was too tired to crack
this problem earlier.

Because they are balls and the surface is the everywhere the same, I'm
thinking of doing something simple like:

    	rotate <0,RotY,0>
    	translate <0,BallRadius,0>
    	rotate <RotX,0,RotZ>
      Center_Trans(Ball, x+y+z)

Hopefully that should do the trick!  I'll post back with new animations
if it is...