POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) : Re: Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:20:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB)
From: None
Date: 19 Sep 2003 02:34:31
Message: <Xns93FB1A3402A2DNone@204.213.191.226>
Oh, BTW, there is a front wall to the box containing the balls.  It was
glass initially, but I thought it was in the way since it was the balls I
was interested in, so I made the front wall invisible.  The balls have been
stacked with a random xz offset smaller than 1/1000 of their radius.  My
physics engine doesn't introduce randomness so if the balls were stacked
perfectly lined up they wouldn't have fallen.  The very slight offset,
gravity and time do the work.