POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) : Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 03:30:37 EDT (-0400)
  Stacked Bouncing Balls (MPG, 404 KB)
From: None
Date: 19 Sep 2003 02:23:24
Message: <Xns93FB1846276C1None@204.213.191.226>
I've been having fun with my balls... uh, anyway, I've converted that old C
code of mine entirely to SDL.

The physics, the ball collisions and rotations are pretty solid.  Stupidly,
the part I haven't gotten my head around entirely is how to rotate the
Povray spheres for display!  You'll notice the ball rotations "drift" a
little, visually not rotating exactly as the physics engine is rotating.
So, while the physics is doing the right thing, the Povray ball "rotation"
visuals seem to indicate something's off, but it's just the sphere's visual
rotation.  I wish I could just directly apply my physics rotation vectors
to the sphere.  I've got to fix that visual problem otherwise I'll need to
make the balls solid colors ;-).  I'll work on that.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'BBStack.mpg' (405 KB)