POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Patio WIP 3 (144Kb) : Re: Patio WIP 3 (144Kb) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:17:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Patio WIP 3 (144Kb)
From: ingo
Date: 17 Sep 2003 07:38:48
Message: <Xns93F98AD14285Eseed7@netplex.aussie.org>
in news:200### [at] ignoranciaorg Jaime Vives
Piqueres wrote:

> [...] the next wip... ;)

The closer you get the pickier the critiques.
The one thing that i.m.o. is a bit out of tune with the rest of the image
is the regularity of the wooden fence, in shape and colour.

>   I'm trying to find a good balance, but it is a specially difficult
> scene, and could vary highly from monitor to monitor...

For this I always go around with the colour picker, it shows that there is
relative little white an blak in places where to expect it. Highlights on
the palm leaves, the plant in the corner even has no pure black in it. I
modified contras in the gimp, you could make the shadows a tad darker and
the bright part a lot lighter, The flat piece on the foot of the first
collum on the left could be very close to white.

Ingo