POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : List: your very fist image : Re: List: your very fist image Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:33:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: List: your very fist image
From: Marc Champagne
Date: 3 Sep 2003 22:04:32
Message: <Xns93EBE034C8847POVMIKA@204.213.191.226>
Rohan <rox### [at] yahoocom> wrote in news:3F5### [at] yahoocom:

> Let's see what your very first complete image looks like (assuming you
> kept it).

These are oldest complete POV images I can find (1992-1994), these were
rendered on the office Unix Box (486DX2)

I would upload the .pov scripts via modem (not during business hours of
course). A daemon would check if any .pov scripts showed up in a
particular directory and would render them in the background when any
showed up, I would them pick them up in the morning.

The Volks key and Pentium CPU were modeled with Moray

The rubic's cube was modeled by hand, it was part of a short animation
attempt where all rotations (and accumulated rotations) were generated
with QBasic.

Fond memories and tons of hours were (and are still being) spent with this
Marvel of a program.

--
Marc Champagne
marcch.AT.videotron.DOT.ca

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Old.Complete.Images.jpg' (123 KB)

Preview of image 'Old.Complete.Images.jpg'
Old.Complete.Images.jpg