POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request : Re: Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:39:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: Martin Belair
Date: 27 Aug 2003 10:41:37
Message: <Xns93E46BA344AACbadhabit07hotmaildot@204.213.191.226>
Ken <tyl### [at] pacbellnet> wrote in news:3F4CAEFD.188083B0@pacbell.net:

> Martin Belair wrote:
>>
>> Another thing to consider is the yEnc format for posting in newsgroup.
>> It is very good and becomming wide spread.
>>
>> Some newsreader got it embeded in, like Xnews. If you want to know
>> more, go there:

> I am against yenc encoding for the simple reason that most major news
> reading programs do not support it at this time. I refuse to install
> even more software just to support another encoding method that has not
> yet seen wide spread acceptance. If you want the majority of people who
> visit this server to view your work use an encoding method that
> everyone can see even with their ancient news readers.

1- I suggested yEnc as a consideration only.

2- Your explanation sounds like the "Chicken & Egg Story: Who was the
first to come". If people does not use yEnc encoding, major newsreading
makers will not see the reason to put it in..... But I understand your
point, That's why I use Xnews.

3- No offense, but I think we should stop here, we are off topic.

Ciao!

Mart

--

 bad### [at] hotmailDOTcom