POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request : Re: Request (4 images ~400KiB) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 19:29:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request (4 images ~400KiB)
From: Martin Belair
Date: 26 Aug 2003 10:14:05
Message: <Xns93E366F734FCFbadhabit07hotmaildot@204.213.191.226>
"Stefan Persson" <azy### [at] teliacom> wrote in

> The following images was converted with Adobe ImageReady from the
> original PNG-output from POV-Ray.
> I just want to show the difference in size from the 24-bit PNG to the
> "Medium quality" JPG.
> Give or take some decimals the PNG is 209 KiB and the "Medium" JPG is
> 37,4 KiB.

Thats why I hate PNG files, plus the fact that my news reader does not show
them on the fly.....

With your test, it shows to others some good reasons to use JPG instead of
PNG. It's good for slow connection, plus it's good for the server. And for
the quality loss, it always depend of the source image. But when you know
how to play with the JPeg format with the right tool, it's not a problem at
all.

Ciao!

Mart

--