POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Request : Re: Request Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:25:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Request
From: Martin Belair
Date: 25 Aug 2003 15:29:40
Message: <Xns93E29C78243Bbadhabit07hotmaildot@204.213.191.226>
"Aaron Gillies" <no### [at] nospamcom> wrote in news:3f4a5351$2@news.povray.org:

> I really prefer the image to be as high a quality as possible, although

Same for me.

> I tend to think that around 200k is the upper limit and generally
> compress between 100-200k.  Am I doing the wrong thing?

Once again, I think the same, except that I do not mind seeing image at
1024X768 or even bigger since my 21" is set at 1600X1200.

...if you calculate that modems users can D/L at an average of 3KB or
5KB/Sec, it's still gonna take them a minute or so to see a 200KB image....

...you have cable modem and others fast internet users too.... So I guess
that 200KB is a good compromise for all users....

My 2cents....

Ciao!

Mart

--