POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ikea Klippan (JPEG - 20 KB) : Ikea Klippan (JPEG - 20 KB) Server Time
12 Aug 2024 11:22:41 EDT (-0400)
  Ikea Klippan (JPEG - 20 KB)
From: None
Date: 23 Aug 2003 09:25:40
Message: <Xns93E05FE7683AENone@204.213.191.226>
Ikea's cheap furniture look very Povray friendly with their simple
geometric shapes.  I just bought Ikea's cheapest sofa, the Klippan.  For no
good reason I took a ruler to it and modelled it, all primitives and CSG.
Not quite finished.  The back still has some unsightly protruding geometry.
And the most difficult of all is that the surface looks way too perfectly
streched.  I need a way to add creases in the cloth consistent with the way
it's tucked in.  I've tried a bunch of procedural textures and I just can't
get it looking right.  I'm actually thinking that I need to use SimCloth on
the individual pieces, but that's probably overkill.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'IKeaKlippan.jpg' (21 KB)

Preview of image 'IKeaKlippan.jpg'