POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment : Re: First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment Server Time
12 Aug 2024 21:20:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment
From: Craig Reed
Date: 21 Aug 2003 21:28:21
Message: <Xns93DEBBE9B1F91tharkun860yahoocom@204.213.191.226>
One day, while I was slogging through the electrons, "Peter Hertel"
<peter@hertel**NOSPAM**.no> nearly zapped me with the following bolt of
lightning:

> It's a tradition of the POV-Ray newsgroups that your first post is a
> image of a chrome sphere over a checkerd plane :) There's been a lot of
> awesome variations on that theme lately.

OK, I've posted an article entitled "Chrome Sphere & Checkered Plane" in
this newsgroup . . .

>> About 3 years ago, I had POVRay 3.0 (maybe 3.1) on a pentium II 450; I
>> remember doing a scene with a hexagon floor which had hexagon textures
> 3
>> layers deep on it, with this pink marble tray made of a union of
> various
>> boxes, cylinders, & spheres.  It was beautiful!
> Hey, sounds like a checkered plane! Show us!

Regretfully, That file was on a scsi disk.  Still have the scsi disk, but
my last computer had a scsi interface on the motherboard and my current
computer doesn't :(

I'll get a scsi interface card as soon as I can set aside the money for it.
Only then can I look through the 9 Gig Scsi HD and see if that file is
still there . . .

Craig