POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment : First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment Server Time
12 Aug 2024 13:21:50 EDT (-0400)
  First post - Moray, POV image - 1 attachment
From: Craig Reed
Date: 13 Aug 2003 23:50:33
Message: <Xns93D6D3FF79F8tharkun860yahoocom@204.213.191.226>
Hi -
This is my first image post to any group on the POV news server.  This
image was modelled in Moray 3.3a, rendered in POV 3.5.  The letters don't
look anything like what I want them to, but I've learned about the
'softtext' app from reading posts here, so I think I can fix that.  I'm not
happy with the water the letters are floating over.  The phrase going
through my mind when I was thinking about how I wanted the water to look
was 'liquid satin'. I want the water to reflect the letters, but have a
silvery look, almost like mercury, maybe.  I also don't want the sky
reflected, but that might not be possible.  The sky was done with a big
hollow sphere, suggested by posts I came across in this group.

I'm plowing through the images in this newsgroup with Xnews, but there's
76000+ messages and I still have around 56k to go; could you please also e-
mail your comments?

Thanks
Craig Reed  (tha### [at] yahoocom)

Post a reply to this message