POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Rotating Statue with HDRI lighting : Rotating Statue with HDRI lighting Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Rotating Statue with HDRI lighting
From: None
Date: 21 Jul 2003 20:42:37
Message: <Xns93BFD2AE5AF5CNone@204.213.191.226>
Simple looping animation.

How: Downloaded and converted woman05.zip from 3Dcafe.com.  Rendered with
Mael's mlpov.  No lights, only radiosity and the "kitchen_probe" sample
light probe.  Animated with a simple: rotate y*(clock*360).

Radiosity shadowing artifacts makes it look like it's next to a fireplace.
How do I prevent this?

I find that real-world lighting brings models to life in Povray.  Light
probes make this ultra easy.

I've made MPEG and Windows Media Video 9 files.  Despite being half the
size, the WM9 file seems less "blocky".  I'll attach both as follow-ups,
choose the one appropriate for your platform.