POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : The beginning of a bubble simulation - 1 attachment : The beginning of a bubble simulation - 1 attachment Server Time
19 Jul 2024 05:30:33 EDT (-0400)
  The beginning of a bubble simulation - 1 attachment
From: Breton Slivka
Date: 5 Jul 2003 14:44:50
Message: <Xns93AF820915D1CZenPsychoyahoocom@204.213.191.226>
My goal ultimately is to be able to simulate convincingly (not neccesarily
accurately) The behavior of a bubble or groups of bubbles rising in a
fluid, such as water. For this I'm not really using much in the way of
accurate physics models. Though that may loosen things up for more
flexibility. I believe it's possible, and even reletively easy (though not
for me) to simulate bubble shapes that deform, rise, split apart and rejoin
freely.

This animation shows my first step, of making a rough simulation of the
behavior of the air particles in a bubble. The next step, which I shall ask
your help on, is identifying the top most particles of the clump, so I can
apply force to them.

Please let me know what you think of the animation and the question. it is
in divx 5 format, if you need a different codec let me know. Thanks

-ZenPsycho

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'attract.avi.dat' (64 KB)