POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Which BMP to AVI app do you use? : Re: Which BMP to AVI app do you use? Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Which BMP to AVI app do you use?
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 23 May 2003 03:17:03
Message: <Xns9384215497440tomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"Heiner Amthauer" <hei### [at] t-systemscom> wrote in

> Optium wrote:
>>I've been looking around for a BMP to AVI editor,
>>

> Yeah, I would be interested in a good programm, too. I've tried:
> - VidEdit
> - AviCreator
> - bmp2avi
> - Bmp-Avi
>
> Any of them failed to handle PAL DVD-size 720x576.

TMPGenc will do BMP to AVI encoding very nicely in that format.

http://www.vcdhelp.us/index.html?html/tuttmpgenc.html~mainFrame

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
&q=tmpgenc+encode+divx+tutorial&btnG=Google+Search

I hear VirtualDub works well too.