POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cube deformed by NURBS functions (972KB) - 1 attachment (1/2) : Cube deformed by NURBS functions (972KB) - 1 attachment (1/2) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 09:28:36 EDT (-0400)
  Cube deformed by NURBS functions (972KB) - 1 attachment (1/2)
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 15 Apr 2003 12:38:57
Message: <Xns935EBDC874F49torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
This is my first animation posted here (IIRC).

Tek suggested that I should animate this shape:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.images/31187/

- and so I did.

I used some quadrivariate NURBS functions to
deform a cube formed by many smaller cubes built
from meshes, cylinders and spheres.

A quadrivariate function takes 4 arguments. In
this animation time is used as the 4th argument:
U, V, W, T

By doing it this way, I only had to provide some
"key-frames" (8 for this animations). The script
then "interpolates" the shape smoothly between
these "frames".

Thanks to Ingo for tipping me about the TMPGEnc
MPEG encoder.

Tor Olav

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Quadrivariate_NURBS_Deformation.m1v.mpg' (972 KB)