POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: ingo
Date: 14 Apr 2003 16:53:33
Message: <Xns935DE95059470seed7@povray.org>
in news:200### [at] ignoranciaorg Jaime Vives
Piqueres wrote:

>   Please, can someone confirm I'm not worng?

You're not wrong.

There are two reasons why I sometimes wonder why there is no
"Gamma_correction yes/no" instead of assumed_gamma;

- assumed_gamma seems to generate a lot of confusion although the way it
works is technically correct.

- Working with POV-Ray is like working in a photo studio (even for outdoor
scenes) where you have full control over the lighting scheme and thus over
contrast range / distribution ('gamma').

Ingo