POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Capriccio v.9 : Re: Capriccio v.9 Server Time
13 Aug 2024 17:22:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Capriccio v.9
From: ingo
Date: 14 Apr 2003 03:02:49
Message: <Xns935D5C77C98DEseed7@povray.org>
in news:3e9a4670@news.povray.org Will W wrote:

> POV docs-- http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/128/ -- section
> 5.2.2.2.2.2
>
> Although I'm running a Dell Windoze box, my best gamma setting was at
> 1.4 -- *way* different from what my reading led me to expect. But
> then my monitor is an add-on flat screen.

I think I should add a note to the above mentioned paragraph that explains
that flatscreens don't have the same gamma-curve as CRT's and that thus
the method won't work (although the result may look resonable).

If you want to use flatscreens for graphics work you need one that is
designed for it.

Ingo