POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : free modeler/renderer : Re: free modeler/renderer Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: free modeler/renderer
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 17 Mar 2003 18:35:40
Message: <Xns9341BD1246B7Etomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"AArDvarK" <cravdraa@yahoo*spamless*.com> wrote in
news:3e764aa8$1@news.povray.org:

> Anyone know why the Amiga system died?
> I've seen so much about it on the 'net over
> the years, people loved it.
>
> Alex

Commodore imploded.  They couldn't figure out how to adapt to the market
after the C64.  So they bought the Amiga, made PC clones, floundered and
then went bankrupt.  There is a group who bought the rights to the name and
patents and are trying to resurrect it.  Who knows if they will succeed?  I
don't hold out much hope.

http://www.amiga.com