POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Table Leg Using Surface of Revolution : Re: Table Leg Using Surface of Revolution Server Time
13 Aug 2024 23:21:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Table Leg Using Surface of Revolution
From: ingo
Date: 14 Jan 2003 01:35:17
Message: <Xns93034D78BC80Eseed7@povray.org>
in news:3e239759@news.povray.org Optium wrote:

> Comments would be cool, because I could use any tips I can get.

Welcome, the shape looks fine. Some tips:
Look into anti-aliasing, it removes the jaggies and makes the shape look
smoother. "5.2.6.4  Anti-Aliasing Options"
Regarding the texture, the wood patter is rather symmetrical, as if the
leg is made of the exact centre of a tree. Translate the wood pattern a
bit and maybe rotate it a bit.
Also play a bit with finish{} make it more shiny as if it is waxed or make
it duller as if it is rough wood. In the latter case you also may want to
add a normal to give the surface more structure.

Ingo