POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : TMPGEnc questions : Re: TMPGEnc questions Server Time
8 Jul 2024 12:29:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TMPGEnc questions
From: Tom Galvin
Date: 30 Dec 2002 14:32:42
Message: <Xns92F493E2EA66Atomatimporg@204.213.191.226>
"ZSpider" <zsp### [at] gtenet> wrote in news:3e1097e9$1@news.povray.org:

> Will it convert my AVI into a VCD?

Yes

> Reading through all the FAQ made me think that it will.
>
> If it will, are there any special rules that I have to follow in creating
> my AVI, such as frame rate or size?

Use one of the Video CD template that come with it.  You will get the best
results if your AVI aspect ratio matches the target VCD aspect ratio. Click
the load button to choose your template and then click the settings button
to see the horizontal and vertical settings.

> Any special rules when writing  the file to CD?

TMPGEnc does not burn to CD.  You will need another application to do that.
Nero works well for me.  For more on VCDs with TMPGEnc and Nero check out
these links.

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/tmpgenc_vcd.html

http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/articles/burnvcd_nero.html

Good Luck