POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire frame? : Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr= Server Time
6 Oct 2024 15:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Can someone patch POV so that you can output an isosurface as a wire fr=
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 15 Nov 2002 09:24:38
Message: <Xns92C79C7463A4FPhiLho@204.213.191.226>
"normdoering" <nor### [at] yahoocom> wrote in

>>> If you could name a somewhat famous artist or
>>> illustrator who used it to do their work.
>>
>>Sorry, I don't know _any_ famous artist who used _any_ CG.
>
> Let me introduce you to one example "famous" artists who uses CG:
>
> Syd Mead, he served as a special visual consultant on TRON back when
[snip]
Hey I know this guy (who doesn't?), I even have 2 or 3 books of him
(Sentinel, Sentinel II, and perhaps another).
He is more known for his paintings than for his CG, though. Actually, I
didn't knew he is doing CG, although it is logical.

>>Does it mean POV-Ray should have features _only_ for you ?
>
> No. But for my work...
> http://www.geocities.com/normdoer
> I just want to be able to do the things with my software that I want
> to do. I'm trying to make the transition from working with acrylics
> and pens to working with 3D programs. That's my ultimate concern.

Not bad at all... Some pictures look squashed, showing ovals where I
suppose they were circles.

--
Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)