POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Something holding up the works... : Re: Something holding up the works... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 18:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Something holding up the works...
From: ingo
Date: 14 Oct 2002 15:29:17
Message: <Xns92A7DB6574030seed7@povray.org>
in news:web.3dab05c494823da42b597c920@news.povray.org LibraryMan wrote:

> Is there some built-in POV feature that would help me diagnose which
> elements of a scene are hogging all the render time?
> [...]
> So let's keep it to generalities, shall we?

After a rendering POV-Ray generates some statistics; Ray-Shape
intersection etc. These can give you a clue what is taking up the time.

Ingo

p.s. If somebody can, and is willing to, write a tutorial on the proper
use and interpretation of these statistics and the histogram I would like
to put it in the docs.