POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : first post - 1 attachment : first post - 1 attachment Server Time
14 Aug 2024 15:13:47 EDT (-0400)
  first post - 1 attachment
From: Zio Pera
Date: 4 Oct 2002 05:57:14
Message: <Xns929D7A6C99E9Bfizbanlombardiacomit@204.213.191.226>
Hi, I'm Simone and this is my first posting in this newsgroup. I've done
some "early" rendering with POV in the last years, but this is the first
I'm confident enough to show in this group.

The church is a blob composed by not-full-randomly-placed cylinder; the
grass is made of smooth mesh generated by a macro I've created myself,
while the clouds are from Gilles Tran. The globe is a simple sphere
shell"eroded" by a few random-placed boxes.
The background mounts are hf from WorldMachine.

Rendering time, on a PIII xeon 1000 MHz was 28 hours 23 minutes 6.0 seconds
(102186 seconds).

I'll like to get comments, suggestion, criticism & so forth.
In particular, I'd like to get some hint about the mountain texture,
which I don't like very much.

Simone

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: