POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Lego town 160K : Re: Lego town 160K retry - 1 attachment Server Time
14 Aug 2024 20:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lego town 160K retry - 1 attachment
From: Thomas van der Veen
Date: 13 Sep 2002 12:29:33
Message: <Xns9288B1F1B4D34veentukibmcom@204.213.191.226>
"Hugo" <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in news:3d820e18$1@news.povray.org:

> I am impressed! This must have taken quite some time. Your next step
> has got to be a full-length lego movie?
>
> I should try Ldraw myself, finally. But how efficient is the transfer
> to POV? I've only seen rather messy code output from those converters.

Thanks!

This is done using Anton Raves's Lego library, so no Ldraw, only typing (as
it should be ;)

The Lego Ferari that was shown here a few days ago is a ldraw model that
was converted to POV

It took quite a bit of time in total, but I have been working on this image
for the last year or so (but sometimes with very large gaps) and some of
the models were made years ago.

Thomas